Prince William and Kate Middleton’s US tour this December could end up being tinged with tension due to the reported release of a highly-anticipated project.
In just a matter of weeks Prince William and Kate Middleton will make a big trip across the pond to attend this year’s Earthshot Prize Awards in Boston. This overseas trip will be the couple’s first visit to the US since 2014 and as Prince and Princess of Wales. There’s so much for fans to look forward to during the tour and many might be hoping that the recent rumors that Kate Middleton plans to “work through her issues” with Meghan Markle mean a reunion stateside.
However in light of a recent report about an upcoming project, it’s possible that at least the last few days of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s US tour could be tinged with tension or anxiety…
Earlier this year, it was revealed that there would soon be a Prince Harry and Meghan Markle documentary for fans to enjoy. Camera crews have been spotted filming the couple and the Duchess of Sussex opened up about the experience of having director Liz Garbus tell their story during her enlightening Variety (opens in new tab) interview.
And whilst the exact release date has yet to be confirmed by Netflix, according to Page Six (opens in new tab), December 8 is reportedly when fans will finally get to see Prince Harry and Meghan’s highly-anticipated docuseries. However, this date falls just after Prince William and Kate Middleton’s US tour draws to an end on December 2.
It’s possible that this upcoming series could be at the back of the Prince and Princess of Wales’ minds as they attend the Earthshot Prize Awards ceremony and Kate visits the Centre on the Developing Child at Harvard University.
Already facing a schedule packed full of responsibilities for their US tour, the thought that just a few days after they depart Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s series will land might potentially make this a somewhat stressful or tense time.
In the past the Sussexes haven’t shied away from getting candid about royal life and making truly shocking revelations and the new docuseries will reportedly focus on their love story and life together. Though the Duchess has remarked upon how it will be told through the director’s “lens” and won’t be entirely up to them how it’s told.
“It’s nice to be able to trust someone with our story — a seasoned director whose work I’ve long admired — even if it means it may not be the way we would have told it. But that’s not why we’re telling it. We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens,” she explained to Variety.
Meanwhile, Express.co.uk (opens in new tab) reports that a source previously claimed that “Harry and Meghan made significant requests to walk back content they themselves have provided, for their own project” during the process.
The exact content of Prince Harry and Meghan’s docuseries and how it could reflect upon and impact the Royal Family remains to be seen. However, if it is released on December 8 it could possibly mean an anxious few days during the end of Prince William and Kate Middleton’s US tour as the royals await what it contains.